The Start of Something New
So,
this is it. I’m a blogger.
Personally,
I thought I would feel different. Isn’t that what everyone always says just
after the start of the “big thing” in their life? Well, I know this isn’t my big thing. At least, I hope it isn’t. But
it’s something for sure!
However,
if I come to find that my life has other things in store, but nothing that ends
up surpassing the current excitement I feel from launching my blog, I
think I can survive.
In my life, now that I think about it, I’ve said those
words a lot: “I think I can survive”. Those moments mostly fill themselves with
flashbacks of terribly long cheer practices that ended with bleachers, a name
we use for the close to two mile sprint our coaches would assign us at the end
of most practices that consisted of push-ups, crutches, running up and down the
bleachers, and around the track all the while the football team gawks at our
short skirts and big bows.
Though I can look back and smile upon those “fond”
memories now, and laugh about how we truly thought we weren’t going to make it
through the practice, there are a few times where those words were said with a totally different meaning.
And I'm not the only one around that understands that. So many people we surround ourselves with daily have pasts that are challenging, but can also be learned from.
And I'm not the only one around that understands that. So many people we surround ourselves with daily have pasts that are challenging, but can also be learned from.
It's in this blog that I am going to relive some of
those periods in our lives where days sucked just a little bit more, tears shed just a
little more frequently, and that phrase, “I think I can survive”, was a mantra,
rather than just a few words.
Located
at the top of this page, you can find tabs that will share with you some of my
most treasured poems, something still in the works, and my publications.
This
blog is for everyone. Please know your thoughts and opinions matter, and this
is a place that you can share them.
I
owe many thanks to those who have helped me make this dream possible.
To my family, I love you. Thank you for teaching me that I can do anything that I set my mind to.
To my best friends, you have stuck with me through these ups and downs, and for that I am eternally grateful.
To my teachers, especially Mrs. Griswold, Dr. Jack, Dr. Jacobs, Mrs. Girgus, Ms. Noel, Ms. Lemon, and Dr. Balmer. Without your constant belief in my abilities, even when I had lost it in myself, I never would have truly believed that my words have worth. Nor would I have learned that even though I may not change the world with my words, by impacting one person with them, I am changing their world, and that is enough.
To my family, I love you. Thank you for teaching me that I can do anything that I set my mind to.
To my best friends, you have stuck with me through these ups and downs, and for that I am eternally grateful.
To my teachers, especially Mrs. Griswold, Dr. Jack, Dr. Jacobs, Mrs. Girgus, Ms. Noel, Ms. Lemon, and Dr. Balmer. Without your constant belief in my abilities, even when I had lost it in myself, I never would have truly believed that my words have worth. Nor would I have learned that even though I may not change the world with my words, by impacting one person with them, I am changing their world, and that is enough.
And
finally, to my readers. YOU made this dream come to life. You inspire me every
day to get up and share with the world what I love to do most. Thank you.
Comments
Post a Comment